Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tonight's the night the world begins again...

New Year's Eve.... I always find this night fraught with emotion. (and did I mention that I become more verbose after a few drinks?!) [Written at 12:25 am 1/1/09)

[Finished on 1/1/09 after a cup of coffee and some sleep] We celebrated at DH's cousin's house. His cousin is terrific. She has a wonderful husband and amazing daughters who came by way of adoption after many infertility struggles of her own. Now I know she knows about our challenges thus far with having a baby because DH told me that he mentioned it and she has extended support.

We had such a terrific time, it was nice being surrounded by warm people, some we knew and some who were new to us but everyone was kind and warm just the same. I had a little worry on the way over that DHs older relatives in particular would ask us about baby stuff. I hadn't drank enough to deal with it but we were pleasantly surprised. Everyone was just happy to have us there and to hear what we've been up to, not prodding about what comes next. It was a plesant way to ring in the new year. So far 2009 is off to a great start and we are looking forward to a successful year!

No comments: