Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Secret Plowing Elf

You may remember an earlier post about a plowing elf who rescued us when our snowbanks were even with my waist. We talked to everyone we know with a plow and never got to the bottom of the mystery.... until tonight.

We got about 4 inches of snow here today. *SNOW DAY* I went out and shoveled at about 11:00 this morning and got most of the driveway done before it started freezing raining. I figured I'd go back and finish up after the storm. At about 5:30 while I was cooking dinner I hear a snowplow arrive. The plowing elf was back! I sent DH out to investigate and it turns out it is one of the drivers who works for my husband!!!! He plowed the deep stuff at the end of the driveway so it wouldn't freeze tonight. We are so glad the mystery is solved and we are having him over for dinner and writing a thank you note. He is our hero!

2 comments:

K.T. said...

That is so sweet! I bet he was trying not to be found out since it is those random acts of kindness that are the most fun, but I am sure it made you feel good to say THANK YOU!

Melis.sa said...

that's so thoughtful!