Sunday, January 4, 2009

Date with Dad

Today I had a date with my daddy. When I was a kid I always knew I could ask for a book and the answer would be yes. I might not always get the newest toy I wanted but I knew that dad would never say no to a book. He promised to continue this tradition even though my sister and I are grown now.
He and I have been trying to get together for months for our book store trip and we finally went today. As usual, daddy said I could pick out any book I wanted (I picked Breaking Dawn #4 in the Twilight series) While we were there I heard a little girl asking her dad for a new book and him saying "of course" just like my dad used to when we were kids. It was so nice to spend time with just dad, we don't always have time to catch up and spend time together like we did when we were kids. I hope that once we have children that my father will continue this tradition with them, in addition to my DH (he has been practicing with his nephews!).

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! Glad you were able to go on your book store trip. Enoy your new book.

Additionally, you've prompted me to ask my poppie out for one of our "d-d date's".

Kara said...

Very sweet, that one on one time spent with dad's is so great.

Happy reading for sure!

Enjoy!