Monday, February 2, 2009

BINGO and Bruises




BINGO and bruises sums up my Superbowl evening. It all started harmlessly enough, DH and I were hosting for the Superbowl. My parents and sister with her husband all came over at about 5:30. The hot wings were just coming out and my mom and I ran up the street to pick up the pizzas. While we were gone the rest of the family was charged with making up BINGO cards with the commercials they thought would air- the stakes were high!

We got to the pizza place- we had placed the order at 1:00 that afternoon to ensure they were ready for game time but it didn't work out. We milled around and finally the pizzas were done. I carried them out to the car and before I even knew what was happening, I was flat on my back and pizza was everywhere. I love my mom but there is no worse person to be with in a crisis situation. In true panicking mom fashion I wasn't allowed to get up despite the fact that I was halfway under someone's SUV. Finally I just ignored her, got up, took my broken pizzas and went back into the store where I tearfully asked for new pizzas. My mother ran me home right away at which point DH was so mad that they hadn't taken care of the ice in the parking lot so my dad had to go back and pick up the new pizzas.

Once the game started things fell back into place and everyone enjoyed the game but I am still quite sore today. We were all terrible guessers about the commercials aired during the Superbowl and only my mom won but everyone got a prize anyway. It was actually a fun night despite the bruises and I think next year I will volunteer someone else to pick up the food.

No comments: