Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Flat On My Back

And not in a fun way either. Turns out my big fall on Sunday night hurt more than my pride and the pizzas. My back pain and stomach pains (weird huh) have subsided but the neck and shoulder pain has increased. I felt a lump in my neck today and finally decided to go to the doctor. He told me to take the day off tomorrow and enjoy some muscle relaxers with a day of rest trying to get the muscles to unknot. He says if I am not better by the end of the weekend we may have to do PT again. For those of you who don't know, PT stands for Pain and Torture. (Trust me, my sister was a PT major!) Let's just hope it gets better by next week and things can go back to normal.

The good news at the doctor though was when the nurse asked me what medications I was on and I proudly announced NONE! She asked me about BCP and I told her how we stopped them Sunday. She was SO happy for us. She beamed and congratulated us on trying. She even got me my blood results from my PCOS diagnosis and it looks like OPKs will work for me. DH didn't understand lots of the chatter about LH levels and prenatal vitamins but that's ok. She was the first *real* person we've told and she was so excited and hopeful for us. I hope her hope doesn't squish me a few months down the road if we are having trouble but for today, it was what I needed.

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

I'm visiting! Just wanted to say when my brother was having PT, he called the guy the Physical Terrorist! Take care.