Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lookng for a new member of the family...

DH brought up the idea of a cat about a month ago. I told myself I wouldn't get involved emotionally but that I'd go and look at a few and then his cat wants would go away. Well they haven't.

Today we went out looking for a cat. I finally let my guard down and fell in love over, and over again. We *think* we have found a kitty (poss 2) at the local shelter, I think we are going back tomorrow to play with them again. I just am not sure I am ready for another cat...

See I had this cat, Gus. He was perfect. I adopted him from a shelter in 2005 and it was love at first cuddle. Gus had lived at the shelter for 8 months and no one could understand why. They called him the fat drunk woman because when you picked him up, he'd put his paws on your shoulders and nuzzle you. He was amazing. Friendly to everyone- I only heard him hiss once and it was deserved. Well Gus left us this summer and being out there today made me admit that I really do need to move on and that Gus is gone. At one point I actually started crying today because Gus was the epitome of the perfect cat. Everyone who knew him says his name with reverence and gets a far off look in their eyes.

This is my Gus.

2 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

I would love to get a cat, but my hubby is allergic. :-( I'm so sorry to hear about Gus and I hope you feel ready for another cat soon. ICLW

nh said...

i love my cats & my dog. I wouldn't be without them. I hope you feel able to get a kitten (or two) and that it/they brings you get joy!

ICLW