Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm FREE!!!

For a week anyway!

School ended yesterday and I could not be more relieved. This has been one of the most challenging years ever. My class had its challenges but it was tough due to the personal stuff we were going through. First worrying about TTC, then DH getting sick, trying to finish up my National Board certification, and now beginning the family we have dreamed about... it's a wonder I made it some days!

I am only taking a week off this month and then going back to teach summer school. I am really excited about my summer program this year, my principal has allowed me to design a kindergarten boot camp of sorts to help at risk incoming kindergarten students. I am going to be doing lots of preschool things and hands on activities. I am really looking forward to not just the teaching of the program but to the difference it will hopefully make for these students when they enter the regular classroom.

I vowed not to go into school for the entire week and got my first week of summer school all planned and prepped. Next week I plan to see friends, get my next US (no we are not finding out the sex), get some legwork done on a business venture for DH and I, and to relax!! I have had no time to relax since February break with all that's been going on with DH and I am looking forward to it. He's doing MUCH better by the way. Healing nicely from his surgery and is no longer in the pain he had been in for so long. YEA!! Summer is shaping up... Now if the weather would just cooperate a little.... either that or I need to get flippers to walk around with. YEA for a week of freedom. :-)

No comments: