Monday, June 8, 2009

Good questions!

I posted this weeked abotu graduation parties and Misfit had some interesting questions that I wanted to address...
I think they asked if I was happy (perhaps assuming I wouldn't be.... or maybe I am just assuming something not there) because some of these people were less than thrilled with some of their pregnacies.... not planned and the such. For them I think they viewed the LOs as a speed bump or a barrier to things they may have wanted... Maybe I am just being asumptuous again but that was kind of the feeling I got. They are also notoriously negative people (while I am more on the positive side of things) and I think they just assume the worst in most situations.

The question she asked me that was my favorite though was "Also, what would make that their business?" LOL I laughed so hard at this question because it seems in the last year people with even the littlest bit of information about our TTC journey have made all sorts of things their business which just isn't. Me being a rather private person (Blogging excluded) I would never ask a question of someone that I didn't want asked of me. Unfortunately the same does not apply to most of the population. So what would make it their business? In my mind, nothing (although I am happy to share our joy and just how thilled were are with everything) but in their minds, a little information gives them free reign to ask away. I find other women who have children of their own are the most brazen in their question asking and snooping.... that just seems to be with the people I know.

But good questions, you got me thinking! :-)

No comments: