Saturday, June 6, 2009

Feel so old!

This weekend is a multitude of graduation parties for children (they're 18 so can I call them children?!) I babysat for when I was younger. One family (whose I went to today) I spent quite a bit of my high school years with them and now they are going off to college. Tomorrow I am going to another grad party but this "kid" I sat for is graduating from COLLEGE! I feel like I just graduated from college then remember it was 7 years ago now. How did time go by so fast?!

I know that I've been teaching for 7 years but it just blew by! Amazing how quickly time flies. This is helping me with my "just say no" to obligations campaign and is reminding me to slow down and appreciate each day for what it is instead of wishing and waiting for the next thing.

2 comments:

the misfit said...

I know what you mean. I turned around one day, and I realized that tomorrow (not literally) I'll be thirty. I've always felt so young (I was the youngest kid in my class in school, I've always been the baby of everything, albeit an oldest sibling). And we'll only keep getting older! So strange!

Anonymous said...

I feel so old lately too! I'm 28 and I still feel like I just finished college. Maybe because I'm not married with kids. If I find a guy attractive, I instinctively look to his ring finger now. And lately it seems I'm saying a lot of "What! He's married too? Geez! Am I missing something here? How is everybody married?"
And It's so weird to see myself aging in the mirror. Never noticed it until this year.
My 101 yr old grandma often quotes: "It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years." And appreciating each day instead of wishing and waiting is great advice too.