Saturday, June 13, 2009

The aging process

I remember when I found my first gray hair. I was beyond excited. It felt like such a major milestone. I found it when I was 23 and getting ready for a date with a guy who was a few years older. I saved it and put it in my scrapbook because, like I said, it was one of those milestone moments. I made the mistake of telling the guy I was dating about it and he thought I was slightly crazy. (That's ok- fast forward, turns out he was crazy and it didn't work out)

Since Friday (yesterday folks) 3 people have remarked on the number of gray hairs upon my head. I KNOW I am going gray. I am no longer enchanted with my gray hairs, I almost wish they'd just disappear but then I'd be bald... I do think that would be worse at this point.

I never minded aging, I have usually been the youngest of my friends and it never really struck me until now when it's so plainly obvious that I am growing older. I know, there are bigger issues in life and perhaps I should spend some time focusing on them, but what if my kid's kindergarten teacher thinks I am his grandmother?!

1 comment:

the misfit said...

Hmm, I'm thinking you'd be difficult to mistake for a grandmother.

I'm surprised people are commenting on your hair, though. Isn't that something people usually pretend not to notice?