Monday, June 8, 2009

Ex Boyfriends

First of all, I am pregnant, I do not have the plague but that was how I felt thanks to the reaction I got from an ex boyfriend of mine this weekend. Now we haven't dated in gosh, 5 or 6 years but we've remained friendly. There's a long family history between us and we've always been chummy.

He found out this weekend at a BBQ that I am expecting. I ran into him at said BBQ and he acted like I didn't exist. I thought to myself, "well maybe he doesn't recognize me." But who am I kidding? Of course he does! We still talk a few times a year, get together when he's in the area, and we're facebook friends for goodness sakes. He knew exactly who I was.

Well I stewed over that for a minute and then marched right up to him and tried to start a conversation. Seriously, you'd have thought I had worms coming out my eyes the way he was inching away and looking just over my shoulder. I finally got fed up and walked off. The rest of the BBQ he avoided me when possible but his uncle (bless him) kept bringing him over to catch up. The whole thing was quite comical from my POV but I have that luxury being happily married, in a great career, and with a settled life.... Maybe it wasn't so much the Goober but more the difference in where we are. That may not matter so much on the old Facebook but when it comes to face to face... that's a whole other story entirely!

No comments: