Friday, June 5, 2009

Back to work today

Went back to work today for a full day. I had taken off T, W, and only went in for a meeting Th so I could be with DH though his surgery and his recovery period. Last week I also ended up being out 3 days, one was Memorial day, one day I had to do K screening and one day I was sent to a curriculum development meeting. These last few weeks have been so busy out of the classroom and I was SO glad to be back at school today. Turns out, I SUCK at being a nurse.

This has been a really tough school year both personally and professionally and it was surprising and weird that school became my salvation today. Perhaps I needed to be reminded that I am doing the job that I was meant to do.

While I was out the sub had the kids write me letters. They were all nice but you could tell which kiddos wrote what she suggested and which ones wrote their own letters. One of my little guys wrote "I miss you. I think about you all the time. I bet you think about me too. I can't wait for you to come back." Of course I read these while their slide show was playing in the background and it was all I could do to not turn into t puddly mess!

I have to say it was a really nice day in the classroom, we got lots done and had some Friday fun to boot! Only 9 school days left and while I am looking forward to the summer, I am going to miss this class quite a bit! Now I am refreshed and back home to help DH recover and relax for the weekend.

No comments: