Thursday, March 5, 2009

What a couple of days

It's been an emotional couple of days worrying about DH and trying to get him quality health care. Yesterday, the ER was a process at best. The doctors were nice but they couldn't figure anything out and I felt useless and upset.

Today we went to DH's real doctor. I absolutely love that man. If his office wasn't an hour away from our house I would go to him. He actually listens to everything we say, he asks insightful questions, has a great sense of humor (and the best ties), and always makes us feel like he has a handle on what is going on. Today was no exception. He has ordered further tests and gave a probable diagnosis that is manageable. When I left and immediately Googled the diagnosis on WebMD it sounded just like what he's going through.

Tomorrow my father is doing to take DH to the test so I can work one day this week. It wouldn't be a big deal but one of my student's moved and tomorrow is her last day and I feel the need to be there to say goodbye and wish her well. I am lucky to have such supportive parents and I am hoping by noon tomorrow We will know what is up with DH and what our next steps are. For now, I am content and I will hopefully get a full night's sleep. That is if the new kitten (Patek) lets me sleep past 3am. :-)

No comments: