Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emergency Room Visit

I've had no time to think this week let alone blog or communicate with anyone and today, tomorrow and Friday were supposed to be the busiest days of the week.... until I was forced to take a time out.

There I was, sitting in the hallway with one of my students this morning. I had a half day sub to get all my report card testing done. We were going over the numbers to 100 when a PARENT who sometimes subs in the office came down. She saw me testing and bent down next to me and said (in NOT a whisper) you husband just called the office. I laughed because he NEVER calls the office, I always have my cell on me. I asked "Why is there something wrong?" and she replied "he's on his way to the emergency room but he said you didn't have to go." (Do you see what is wrong with this picture- first of all a PARENT took the call in the office not even school personnel, second she told me bad news IN FRONT OF A CHILD). Without a word I got up and walked into my room. I know my student was wondering what my problem was but I had to find my cell phone and talk to him and see what the hell was going on. My cell was in the car.

In about 10 minutes I did subplans for the entire day, got someone to take my drama class (40 kids whose parents were unreachable!) and headed to the hospital. On the way there I saw an accident but that just meant I was able to fly to the E room to see him. I got there and was brought up to speed and opened up my calendar so I could call work and cancel meetings/appointments/clubs for today. When I opened it up all my calendar info for today and tomorrow were blank. I KNOW I had at least 5 things a day planned but for the life of me it was blank.

I am taking my blank calendar as a sign (I am sure it's just a tech glitch but I need a sign) that I need to take the next few days and help DH to get better. I need to remember what is important and that is him and our family, small as it is. It is hard for me to let go at work especially with report cards, and nbpts but I NEED to be here.

Also they didn't even diagnose him with anything. They told my husband who had a BAG OF MORPHINE in him and was STILL doubled over in pain to go home and see if anything changes. He is sleeping right now and I am doing the pacing he wouldn't let me do at the hospital and hoping things change for the better, not the worse or else it will be a long night in the ER because next time I am not leaving until I have answers.

No comments: