Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bloggers Block

It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's just I haven't known how to say it. I guess I'll just do it...

Sunday I went in for more blood work. I had this phlebotomist named Pipi. She was GREAT! I didn't even cry (first time in my LIFE) I am goign to request her EVERY time. That was Sunday morning at 10:00.

Called my doc 8:30 Monday morning. They said they had the results but had to wait for a doctor to interpret them. I waited until I had to take DH to his procedure at 11:30 and called them again. They said they were STILL waiting for a doctor- HELLO Look at the two numbers, are they going up or down?! At 3:00 they called me back. The results were positive!!!! Of course DH was in the procedure in a deep sleep so the older lady in the waiting room was the first to know my happy news.

I made sure I asked 3 times if we could get excited. The nurse said yes and I paced until DH woke up. I managed to ask him how he did before I blurted out the news and tried to climb on the hospital bed! He was still half under anesthetic and I just flashed 5 fingers at him (that's how far they thought I was along) He quickly woke up and asked "There are FIVE of them?!" LOL I laughed and said "No just one we think."

Once he came to it was me trying to calm him down. All our parents had been calling all day to check on him to see how it went and what the docs found but all he'd tell them was, there is some serious news, we need to have a meeting tonight. Well all our parents came over and his mother REFUSED to do anything until we told her what was up. That's when he told them we were pregnant. I couldn't believe how hard his mother punched him. My mother cried and cried and cried. My father just asked "how did that happen?" at which point DH started teasing him about biology.

It's been a week now since the first positive pregnancy test and it's beginning to sink in. I am trying not to get too excited until we hear the heartbeat on April 21 but it's both harder and easier each day. Only 32 days until we hear our Goober's heartbeat!

No comments: