Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th strikes again!

First of all you should know that contrary to popular belief 13 is actually a lucky number for my husband and I. Our first place together was #13, our address now ads up to 13, it seems each 13th we have good news or something exciting happens. 13 has been a theme in our relationship since the beginning... now on to my post.

Am I pregnant??
Well according to 3/5 hpts yes.....
According to 1 I took Fri. night and one at the doc's office at 4pm Friday, no....

I am up earlier than I have been any other day this week waiting for 8:30 when the answering service goes off to bug my doctor into getting the blood test results...

Let me start at the beginning. As you know, I have been diagnosed with PCOS and both the doctor and RE were unsure if I even ovulate at all. We quit BCP Feb 1 and we've been charting and *trying* to conceive in relation to my chart (I don't even know if charting works for someone with PCOS).

I haven't had a period yet, but that's not unusual. I have been massively crampy though this week and yesterday morning I POAS in frustration. I said to the stick, "if my period won't start you better be positive". And it was. I quickly grabbed another test (yes I have a supply) this one digital. I waited for DH to go to work, I didn't want to get his hopes up before I saw that word. He left, I peed, it said Pregnant. I cried and then left for work. I paced until 8:30 when my Dr. opens (drove the answering service crazy starting my calling in at 8:25 and the Dr finally picking up at 8:45). Made an appointment and left 5 minutes early from school.

The nurse at the Dr. was SO sweet. I was a complete basket case because this was NOT supposed to happen even as much as we want it. I was supposed to need months of treatments and the RE wouldn't even guarantee anything. Well I peed in a cup there and the nurse said she'd be back in 5 to congratulate me. She didn't come back. The Dr. Came in and explained that it was negative and that could mean 2 things....
It's too early and my pee was dilute
OR
I am miscarying

I promptly burst into tears but she was so great. She set me up with blood work which I went and did ON MY OWN! For those of you who don't know me, I have a phobia of needles. It's beyond a fear. My father used to jokingly tell DH that he needed to take me for a shot before he decided to spend his life with me. DH came with my father and I once and he stayed in the waiting room but could hear me. When I emerged tear stained and sheepish he hugged me and said he never understood. I digress... I went by myself and I only cried and panicked a little bit. The lady who drew my blood was so great and chatted with me like I wasn't freaking out. She did recommend I take a valium before I go back Sunday...

Now I am waiting for Dr. Office to open up so I can find out how the blood test went. Positive, I go back Sunday to see if numbers are going up. Negative and.... well we will see. Let's hope for positive. I took another HPT this morning and that was positive so hopefully yesterday was just early for the pee and it will get stronger over the weekend...

No comments: