Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturday's Results

My doctor's office was great Saturday morning. I called and called until they picked up at 8:40. The receptionist didn't think they'd get my results but once she understood what I was looking for she was on my team.
At 10:30 the nurse practitioner called me and said that the blood tests showed I was pregnant but my hCG was low. They needed me to go back Sunday (today) to get another reading to see if I am really early pregnant or if there is a miscarriage happening.
Amazingly we have not told a soul this weekend. One reason is because the Dr. recommended we don't tell anyone that we don't want to have to tell that it's over and the second reason is we just want to be sure...
DH was the one keeping my excitement in check saying we don't want to get our hopes up because he's afraid of the disappointment if things don't work out but that lasted about 12 hours. Once we heard from the Dr. yesterday he was on board and today I was the one keeping HIS excitement in check.
Tomorrow morning we will know more but the next 14 hours feel like a lifetime. My anxios feeling is not helped by the fact that tomorrow is DH's colonoscopy so sleep tonight will be minimal and we are housebound as he's quite busy tonight running to and from the bathroom. :-/ what a weekend for the G household! At least we will both have answers tomorrow.

No comments: