Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

Is the song DH is blasting on his iPhone right now as I post. I love that song, it is filled with strength. When I was little our old home had a half wall which housed my parents' boom box and it was always cued up to Eye of the Tiger which I could sing in its entirety when I was 3. Now I can play it perfectly both on the drums and guitar (not at the same time) in rockband! Good times.

Looks like baby making is on the back burner for now as I alternate between feeling the mood of Eye of the Tiger and despair. DH's second CT scan came back yesterday and things aren't good. They are telling us he has lesions on his liver (he doesn't drink BTW), has a hernia and a thickening of his colon (perhaps TMI?) and NONE of those explain the extreme pain he has been in for 3 days now. Now we have to wait out the weekend while his doc decides what the next steps are. Looks like surgery is in DH's not too distant future. This has been the longest week of my life and the most worrysome.

Today I am going to work on a happy post just for my own sanity and mental health....

3 comments:

the misfit said...

Praying for his health and speedy recovery. And your sanity!

the misfit said...

Oh yes! And, since you did not mention this singular item, I must assume that you are not familiar with it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4828488763829964651

Truly, it is without peer, no?

K.T. said...

I'm sorry to hear of your painful week of worry and doctor's appointments. Take care of yourself! I hope things look up soon!