Sunday, March 22, 2009

National Board

This is it, the final week. I am mailing out my portfolio within the next 7 calendar days. Hard to believe that this process is coming to a close but there you have it. This has been one of the most challenging processes I've ever gone through. People really weren't kidding when they told me all the work that would go into it. I am taking my test on Thursday and *hopefully* mailing in THE BOX on the same day and being done with it. What a relief that will be!

I am glad to have gone through the process. I just hope my work is good enough for the National Board approval. Once the box is mailed there is nothing I can do until next December when my scores come. That is almost a blessing and a curse because I want to know the scores now but it will give me some time away from the process in case there are pieces that need to be reworked. If I do achieve certification, I am taking next year off completely from everything. No teaching at a college, no working on additional certifications/degrees, perhaps still facilitating after school clubs but cutting WAY back on the committees I volunteer for. With Goober I am sure it will be easier to say no to things as I will want/need to be home. And it's OK to take a year off of extra things. Right?

1 comment:

K.T. said...

I hope you hear great news on your boards in December. I had two teachers in my school find out this year that they earned it. They had to do some tweaking on their submission after their first try, but then were honored a few months later! It looked like quite the process! Good for you for going through that and IF treatment at the same time! WOW!