Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Platitudes

Can I just tell you how sick I am of platitudes?! Meaningless comments that EVERYONE says and they all think it is the solution to your problem. Ohhhhhh no one has EVER told me to "be patient- my baby will come." When you say it, I feel so much better and can go on with my day.

I know people mean well but I am so tired of being told that everything is ok. Basically, no one knows what's going to happen. The doctors have told me it will be incredibly difficult or impossible to ovulate or conceive on my own and that doesn't seem like a "just be patient" situation to me. I know some of them do not understand that, but some of my closest friends and family members still say things like that. I know they mean well but really, it just makes me feel like they have no idea how to talk to me or listen to me about PCOS and fertility challenges.

If one more person says to me, "your day will come", my head may explode!! :-)

1 comment:

Dora said...

I hear you on this one! And I'm allergic to baby dust!