Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Crazies!

I am on VACATION!!! 12 GLORIOUS days of no teaching! This will give me enough time to miss the kiddos and remind me that I love kindergarten. This last week has been tough- the kids were STRESSED... some of my most mature 5 and 6 year olds were reduced to tears when things didn't go exactly as planned. The week was stressful here too but DH and I tried to get holiday shopping done ahead of time and we treated ourselves to dinner out twice because neither of us could deal with cooking. Now I am on vacation and ready to relax....

Oh on another note we got about 2 feet of snow here in Maine on Sunday night and Monday morning (school was NOT canceled) and the bank at the end of our driveway was up to my waist thanks to the town plow guy (Even though we'd shoveled at 9:30 that night). We managed to shovel enough to get the cars out but I knew I'd have to plow when I got home. There was some sort of Christmas Elf though who came and PLOWED my WHOLE driveway! I am grateful to the Christmas Elf who rescued me from shoveling. :-)

2 comments:

Petrucia said...

that was so cool that you had a plowing Elf!
enjoy your days off. :)

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I would love that much snow!

Enjoy your break.

ICLW