Monday, December 1, 2008

Coming Out

I think I am nearly ready to come out of the fertility challenged closet.

This is a big step for me since I am a rather private person but I am at the point in my journey of self-discovery and fertility issues where I feel I need support and unfortunately those closest to me may not always be the best ones to offer support. I have been blogging but have not shared my address with anyone for fear that someone I know may find it and judge me.... but now I am over that. I have to be or I am going to crumble from keeping it all inside.

I have begun to participate in a weekly show and tell thread on one of the blogs I frequent and that has gained me some readers- surprisingly I was tickled to find people reading and not embarrassed or anxious like I had predicted. In December I am even hoping to participate in IComLeavWe so I can learn about new blogs to read and make new connections. I am scared out of my mind but am also looking forward to lending support to others in similar situations. I know it's a process but I am proud to say, I am finally out of the blogging/fertility challenged closet!

No comments: