Friday, December 26, 2008

Penelope


DH got up this morning and found that our little dog had been sick in her kennel all night. I took her outside while he cleaned up. We talked about how we shouldn't have let her partake in the festivities last night; bad parents. He came back downstairs and shared that it was truly odd but everything he cleaned up smelled like mints. Well we racked our brains and there was nothing minty ANYONE ate yesterday. It turns out when DH and I spent some time alone, she got into the bag of premium mint m&ms my sister gave us...
Thankfully she has full energy right now, in fact she's whining at me because I am making her stay on the tile in case she gets sick again. She is however taking a trip to the vet in an hour when they open!
In other puppy news, Bella turns 1 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE BELLA! (I laughed when I wrote "little" because although B is a year younger than P, she out weighs her 55 pounds to 4 pounds!)

3 comments:

momofonefornow said...

One time my mini doxie ate an entire plate of brownies. I was so afraid he was going to keel over. Glad she is ok so far. Darn chocolate.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about the minty smelling dog mess! We have lots of dog/food/chocolate/vomit stories, too, but our favorite is the time our beagle ate an entire beef roast that had been cooling on the counter and DIDN'T throw up or get sick at all. Beagles seriously have hollow legs. :)

Valerie said...

Well at least the dog's breath won't stink for a bit. Glad she is ok.

ICLW