Monday, December 22, 2008

ICLW

Been behind on ICLW this week, have been working on my comments but it's been so busy with the holidays. One thing I noticed that others have been doing is a little introduction...

My name is *T* and I teach kindergarten. DH and I have been ttc since March of 2008. We decided we'd just "see what happens" and it was amazing that the next month I didn't get my period. Did lots of hpts but all negative. I finally went into the doctor and she called me back to tell me, not only did my blood work show that I was NOT pregnant but rather that I had PCOS which she told me is the leading cause of infertility in women my age. I was devastated. We went to see an RE who says he can help us get a baby but it may be a much longer road than we anticipated. We are aggressively beginning fertility treatments in 2009....

My blog is an attempt to figure out who I am, who we are, and to document this journey to have the baby we've always wanted!

2 comments:

Offshore Wife said...

what treatments are you using? I have PCOS too. We start IUI in Feb. BCPs will begin the first of Jan. We hope they along with Metformin & Dexamethasone will help reduce my testosterone levels before we start stims in Feb. Best of luck to you!

Mrs.Joyner said...

Thank you so much for your comment, and I will be following along with your blog!!