Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I survived!

My first day back at work. It was tough.... really tough. My mom picked her up this morning (she's at my mom's just this week since I have vacation next week.... she'll start day care the week after). I just needed my mom to take her and go... but my mom, being my mom dragged it out a little. I said "do you have everything you need?" and my mother replied "not a hug." Well I just needed to get it over with but I know my mom was being nice. She took her and that's when I fell apart. I cried pretty much the whole way to work, including at the Dunkin Donuts drive thru (not the first time I had a melt down at a DND drive thru but that's another story). People were calling and texting my whole way into work, which is nice to know people care, but I just needed to deal alone.

At work there were a mix of people who wanted to come by, talk about the baby and say how sorry they were I had to be there. Then there were the people who stopped by, welcomed me back, and said they'd come in and help if I needed anything. It was a nice balance. By 10:00 I wasn't crying anymore... and by 12 I had called the baby and was so happy to hear her cooing and just to get an update. My afternoon went much better than my morning. Tomorrow will hopefully be a little easier with things getting increasingly better as we get into a routine, plus, 4 days until vacation!

No comments: