Sunday, May 17, 2009

Too Much Boston (pg mentioned)

As you can tell I am not at the second graduation today, that is because of what happened in Boston.

The day started out extremely lovely. Nice weather, great friends, wonderful family. Everything was going great. 1st day of the 2nd trimester and it seemed everyone was right, I had a better attitude, I didn't want to throw up every 10 minutes and I had some energy! Yahoo! By 3:00 it was time to start heading to SIL's graduation (which was to begin at 6) and the reception beforehand. Turns out BU isn't so much a campus as it is a suburb of Boston and required a lot of walking. I am in pretty good shape but after wandering the streets for 4 1/2 hours prior, I was getting tired and both Goober and I were hungry.

We made it through the festivities, headed back on the T and as soon as we got to our stop, I was forced to stop. I had a sharp pain right in the baby grower. I didn't want to alarm anyone so I pulled DH aside to tell him what was up (it is 9:00 at this point in the evening and we haven't had dinner yet). We agreed to go to dinner with everyone then head home right after. There was no spotting thank God but I just sat with my feet up while we waited for our table to come available.

Finally home at about 2, still not feeling great and really crampy (but not normal growing cramps... weird cramps). Still no spotting. Slept through the night ok, woke up this morning with a dull cramp, NOTHING like last night and am now on DH and mom (my mother) imposed bed rest for the day. 14 hours on your feet in Boston plue 4 hours travel time is not really what hte doctor ordered and now I am paying hte price. Will go to the doctor tomorrow (or immediately if there is any blood) but I hope that I am just exhasuted and Goober wants me to take a time out.

To be honest, I am really scared but I don't want to be THAT patient. My mom and DH seem to think that everything will be ok if I rest and as long as there is no spotting... I will feel better when my doctor confirms that first thing in the morning.

So much for making a point about family this weekend. Now I need a plan to repair the upset that will come from my other SIL for going to one graduation and not hers.

1 comment:

the misfit said...

Oh, I don't think your SIL will be angry that you couldn't come because you weren't feeling well!