Sunday, May 24, 2009

The pleasures of not drinking

Not that I drank much before in my nonpregnant life but I have re embraced my sobriety and this may be a reclamation of a lifestyle for me.

Last night DH and I went out with another couple friends- let's call them "Frebbie". All three of them were indulging in some tasty Sake creations. I quietly sipped my water with lemon and just enjoyed the evening. They all got a little silly and I just enjoyed the evening with no worries about saying something that I'd later reconsider. I didn't miss the silly warm feeling I get, and this morning I especially didn't miss the little headache (I can't handle ANY alcohol) or the cottony mouth feeling....

Goober has been a catalyst for lifestyle changes all over the place! :-) I may still enjoy the occasional glass of wine with dinner after G is born, but margaritas currently feel like a thing of the past.

No comments: