Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meltdown

So I had a small meltdown today at work.

This year I am in survival mode- I have too many students, not enough hours in the day, and I am unable to meet each of their needs in any given school day. I am overwhelmed which is a feeling I have not had in years. I finally cracked today and just burst into tears because I feel like I am not able to give my students all that I want to.

I hate crying at work. It makes me feel even worse- not only do I feel like I cannot do my job but there I am blubbering about it- all in all a pretty terrible day. And not only that but there is simply no solution. The district in which I work is being funded at the bare minimum this year by both the town and our state. There is simply no room for extra support and so not only am I overwhelmed and have broken down, but there is no solution in sight.

DH thinks I have taken on too much again but this year I have been really good. I have only signed up for one committee and I am not even bringing that home with me. Setting boundaries was my goal this year and I am doing fine with that in regards to extra professional duties, but am having trouble setting boundaries on what I expect from myself...

No comments: