Monday, October 20, 2008

Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Tonight DH brought home Chinese food for dinner. He knows I've been going through a lot lately and wanted to make things easier on me. We enjoyed our dinner but my favorite part is the free dessert- Fortune Cookies! I just get such a kick out of them.... well tonight I was kicked when I read mine:

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."

Excuse me but WTF. What is that supposed to mean? The pain I am going through with the PCOS and the inability to create a child when I see women doing it effortlessly and by mistake every day of my life- THAT is supposed to open my understanding?! Let me tell you- the pain has for sure broken my shell but I am further away from understanding God's plan for me now than ever before. I really try not to judge other people's choices but REALLY?! How can some of these women have not only one child but many children- unable to take care of themselves let alone other humanbeings, not having enough time for their children, telling them they are useless and leaving it up to me as their teacher to take care of them and make them feel loved. It's just too much.

As I sat here being upset over this Chinese "wisdom" my pomeranian took the fortune and hid it under the bed. Hmmmm maybe the second fortune I got just came true: "An important person will offer you support." Maybe the Chinese aren't so far off afterall?

No comments: