Saturday, October 25, 2008

For me...

Today I did something for me. Not for C, not for our unborn child(ren), just for me. Today I began the process to become a nationally board certified teacher. Actually I have been working on it independently since August but today I began working with other teachers going through the process, a support group of sorts.

It feels so good to be a part of a professional group again. I have greatly missed being a part of a professional group since I moved to Southern Maine. It feels great to be listened to and taken seriously as a professional again. This is something for me, to learn more about who I am as an educator and what motivates the decisions I make each day in my classroom.

*on a side note they provided lunch and in my lunch sack was a TASTY peanut butter cookie. YUM! T loves her cookies :-)

No comments: