Sunday, October 4, 2009

Is that an inhaler for the baby?

(and other adventures from my baby shower)
My sister threw me a baby shower this weekend. It was supposed to be a surprise but I found out about it a few weeks in advance. I let her think it was a surprise though up until the day before... I didn't want her suspicious about why I knew to be dressed up and have my hair done!

ANYWAY she got me to the shower and I was surprised to see who all was there. It was a wonderful mix of people from all stages of my life who have cheered me on in some way. It was overwhelming with all the people and the hormones but we had a good time.

My husband's cousin has 3 children and she was a terrific support to us when we were told no kiddos naturally. She and her three kids came and they were promptly assigned to gift duty. Well as with any shower, the gifts took up most of the time and we got to the last couple (from my mother). She got us a breast pump. I opened it up and the 13 year old looks at it and says "Oh is that an inhaler for the baby?" I just turned to her mother and said "you can take this one" but no, her 9 year old sister explained "that's so T can get milk for her baby." :-)

All in all the day was a huge success, my ankles were also huge by the end of it. Oh and I learned my belly is only about 3" smaller around than my husband's thanks to a game they played. I couldn't believe the generosity of my friends and family. As those kids said "this baby is so spoiled!" and it's true.

We really only need to get the car seat, and one of our attendants was really upset that she didn't realize we needed it. Honestly, with the gift cards and everything, we are beyond all set. Now we just need to put the nursery together, (we have all the pieces, just need to do it) and then we will be ready for baby!! Only 6w6d to go if the baby comes on time.... which that piece I am a little worried about.... see next post.

No comments: