Saturday, October 17, 2009

We made it!

35/35 the doctor says she won't stop the baby from coming now AND It will be perfectly fine (well as much as she can guarantee that). She said if Goober arrives today he may have to spend a few days extra in the hospital but all systems are developed and a go. Amazing when a year ago we were feeling so hopeless... and here comes our baby.

Now my family and friends have been beyond supportive but this week they all decided it was fine to tell me all the tragedies happening with babies. Apparently 3 babies have passed due to sleeping with the parents (we are NOT having the baby sleep in our bed... our room, yes, but not our bed) and another baby who ended up in front of a train but miraculously survived. Now DH and I do not have TV for many reasons, but scary news and my anxiety are two of those reasons- I just cannot believe how EVERYONE feels the need to call and tell us about all these infant deaths and near deaths.

Oh well, I am sure they are just being *helpful* but I gotta say- stop helping in this way!!

1 comment:

the misfit said...

Yeah, that's very unhelpful. Congrats for getting to safe! Can't wait to hear that the little one is home!