Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the FABULOUS 13th!

Exactly 8 months ago today I took my first positive pregnancy test. I waited that morning until DH left, peed on the stick in anger because I hadn't had a period in a long time and low and behold it said "Pregnant."

I cried all the way to work, waiting until my Dr.'s office opened. Calling from the bathroom of my classroom I got an appointment for 4:00 that afternoon. I shook all morning... and it was pajama day for my class. We had a big breakfast feast in the cafeteria and everyone was in jovial moods, I couldn't even handle it. I excused myself halfway through the breakfast to call DH from the supply closet.

Spent the whole day on pins and needles, crying each time I was alone not even able to believe my luck. Got to the Dr.'s at 4:00 peed on their stick and it came out negative. Their response "you're probably having a miscarriage..." Tears for a VERY different reason. They did refer me to the hospital for a blood draw and told me to go again Sunday and we'd see if my HCG levels were increasing.

DH and I spent the entire weekend worrying and trying to comfort each other. Monday came, waiting for my HCG results while DH was in a colonoscopy (yeah it was a really crazy time of year for us). Got the call while he was under that my levels were doubling so I asked if I could get excited and the nurses response "I guess so..." I quit that Dr. the next day.

Now it's been 8 months, we are 8 days away from our due date and I am just in awe about how things are so very different for us now. 8 days from our due date... don't you think it'd be poetic to go into labor tonight? Took a 1+mile walk today at school with the kiddos (not my choice, we were in a parade that was MUCH longer than anticipated)... Hopefully this gets things moving! :-) 13 is a scary number for many people, it's our family's lucky number!!

No comments: