Saturday, November 7, 2009

DH's Compliments

To follow up my whiny post and to prove that I really haven't had a hard time, just the last week or so has been tough I will tell you about what happened Wednesday night...

we have people calling EVERY night to see how we're doing and if the baby has arrived yet... it is nice but getting to be annoying. I am having DH field most of the calls at this point and he's doing it with enthusiasm. Well, one of his good pals called the other night asking about how we were doing and how it was all going. DH was in our room while I was working in the nursery... he had no idea I could hear him. He was telling our pal about my swollen ankles and how I've been more teary than usual. The friend said something to which DH replied "you know, she's been a real trooper through this pregnancy. T usually has a hard time with medical stuff but she gets shots on her own now and she has been really good emotionally. I am really proud of her." At that point I burst into tears, but it was nice to know DH is proud of me and that he's impressed with how well I've been doing.

I have to say I am equally impressed with him. I have gone through a lot of changes physically and emotionally and he's been amazing support through it all. Every time he looks at me and smiles I am just overcome with emotion. I know we still have 2 weeks to go (possibly 3 1/2) but right now I am so glad to have him as my support and couldn't have asked for a better 9 months... now if only it could be over, we're ready for the next part!!!

No comments: