Sunday, November 2, 2008

IF and Marriage

When I was diagnosed with PCOS and my doctor told me it was the leading cause of infertility in women my age, I was devastated. My world really felt like it was ending and I didn't know what to do. When I told my husband all that I had learned in my 6 hours of Google searching, he was great. I told him that PCOS could mean never having children. I also offered him the opportunity to end our marriage with no guilt....

That guy! You wouldn't even believe it. He took me into his arms and told me nothing would ever make him leave me. That he would be as happy with our family of just fur babies as he would be with a family of real babies. Although I did not believe him 100% I was reassured at the time.

I have been studying about PCOS, talking with my doctor and my RE and DH has been with me each and every step of the way. The thing that I thought had the potential to end our marriage has only made it stronger. I know as crazy as I may get on the hormone treatments or as tearful as I may get each time I get a BFN, he will be there to hold my hand and assure me that he loves me and we will be a family even if it is just the two of us.

No comments: