Wednesday, November 5, 2008

PCOS- One more step

This summer I was diagnosed with PCOS or Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. I met with both my doctor, a reproductive endocrinologist and a nutritionist to help get me on the path to baby making! Tonight though DH and I are attending a class called PCOS- What next? And it is supposed to go over all the implications PCOS will have on our lives.

I am lucky- I have what my doctor calls a "mild" case. He believes with hormone therapy I should be able to get pregnant inside of a year, but PCOS has implications for the rest of my life such as insulin resistance, weight gain possibilities, ovarian cysts, annovulation and more. Although DH and I have been learning through books, articles and the internet, it will be nice to talk with other women going through this and to talk with my RE and ask all the questions that occured to me AFTER the appointment.

I am hopeful that we will learn a lot tonight- DH is worried that the evening will end in tears. Well I doubt this meeting will be more upsetting than my school workshop yesterday. When I feel stronger I will share that with you...

No comments: