Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sad mommy moment

Today was a sad mommy moment for me.... well mixed emotions but sad at the same time.

I can't get over how quickly my little girl is growing. It seems each day we hit a new milestone and have such little time to enjoy each precious moment. It's no secret that I was upset about having to go back and finish out the school year this year... but I had to, for our family. As you know G is on her second daycare and we LOVE it!! They are FABULOUS and take excellent care of her, and me! :-)

Well today I went to drop her off. Took her out of the infant seat and went to give her a hug and kiss bye and she started to whimper. Then M, her favorite caregiver came over and G rewarded her with a FAB smile. I was dissapointed but I leaned in to give her one last hug before handing her off and G leaned towards M with a HUGE smile on her face. IT was all I could do to not burst into tears. M smiled kindly and said "she's really happy here." I am glad she's so happy, I just thought I might have a little time before she was happy to go with other people instead of staying with me all the time. It was a sad mommy moment.

Of course tonight though G and I have had a terrific evening. We've played, laughed and cuddled and I am glad that she's in such good care when I cannot be there. Tomorrow I will be prepared when she shows daycare just how much she loves them, even if she forgets to show me how much she loves me.

No comments: