Sunday, April 4, 2010

Holidays Are Tough

Especially when you're married, and even more so when you have a baby. When DH and I first started dating, were engaged, and finally married, we ran ourselves ragged each holiday. We'd need to see my family, his mom, his dad, and quite often his memere. Those are 4 different stops. After we had 4 Thanksgivings one year I gave up.

We began hosting or scheduling family and last year, when we were pregnant, it was a lot easier (except Easter because DH threw a tantrum but other than that...). Now with the baby it's gotten near impossible. With all the invitations it's hard to say no, you cannot see your grandchild, cousin, niece, great-niece etc for a major holiday.

Right now DH is getting ready, G and I are sitting on the couch waiting for the loooong day ahead to begin. I do intend to put my foot down after this madness today is done and work out a schedule about how everyone can enjoy the baby but we can continue to keep our sanity.

Happy Easter!

No comments: