Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Goal #1

Last Wednesday was 6 weeks for Miss G so time for my 6 week post-partum check. I was nervous... who likes going to the doctor for an internal and to be weighed... not me but it had to be done. DH refused to be intimate (and it had already been since my birthday at the beginning of October!!) until we got the all clear from the doc due to my episiotomy and the stitches. First of all, baby G was an ANGEL during the appointment.... didn't even make a peep. That girl comes through when you really need her.

The good news is that everything was healing great and I was cleared to be off pelvic rest and back to my normal activities. Also the other good news was that I have lost all but 7lbs of the baby weight!! Honestly, I'd have been happy with having lost half especially with all the treats I had over the holidays but nope, 32lbs down 7 to go!! But I am not stopping there... I'd like to be about 10 lbs less than my pp weight and I figure if I keep nursing her and start to eat sensibly (read less holiday cookies and egg nog) then it should be a breeze!! Poor DH, once I got cleared for exercise he and I were going to have a biggest looser competition between the two of us, but it looks like I got more of a head start than either of us were thinking!

SO If I lost 32 lbs in 6 weeks... I am hoping that in 6 more I can be at least halfway to my new goal... so 9 more lbs. That's when I have to go back to work and that would feel AWESOME! New Year's Goal #1!

No comments: