Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2 Month Shots

They are horrible. I do not use that word lightly, horrible. I cannot imagine anything worse. No I am sure that there are worse things that some children go through but thus far in my 9 week old baby's life that was the worst. She even had her tongue clipped in the hospital and that wasn't as bad as her two month vaccines.

Now I personally have a fear of needles and I knew the shots would be tough on me so I brought DH along. I was doing great at first and held the baby for her first shot and it was all going well, until she got stuck and SCREAMED. I don't mean cried, I don't mean wailed, I mean SCREAMED. You'd have thought someone was trying to murder her and for all she knew, the nurse was. I am sure I looked in shock because the nurse told me to pick her up. I stood there talking to my inconsolable baby for a few minutes until my husband took her away from me and laid her down for the next two shots.

We all survived, but it was close there for a minute (even DH looked shell shocked when it was done). I know she needs these shots, but man it was horrible. No shots though for 2 months... I've already told DH there is no option, he's coming with!

No comments: