Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just when things were going great....

2010 started off so much better than 2009. We were hopeful, our family felt complete, everything seemed to be going fine.... until DH came home last night. He was laid off. Yes, this will be a financial hit to us, I can pay most of the bills on my own but there are some loans he had before we were together that I cannot take care of, but more importantly it's a hit to our morale. It seems like we cannot get everything in our lives working great all at the same time.

He has already begun looking for something new, and this will save us having a daycare bill temporarily, but still, it will be tough. I have 3 1/2 more weeks of paid leave left and I will head back to work as soon as it runs out. I never imagined him being a stay at home dad (especially since I had to really work on him being a dad in the first place) but he's psyched about it and day one, he has taken over quite a bit of baby G's care. It will make my transition back to work easier I hope.... Well a bummer of a day, but hopefully things will begin to turn around soon.... they usually do for us, I just hope it doesn't take too long this time.

No comments: