Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Daycare Drama Day 2

So G went back to her regular day care this morning. Everything was normal. I went to work much cooled down from Monday afternoon ready to call day cares and get going on our search. The day was busy but good I even taught drama after school like I usually do on Wednesdays. It was a busy day. Got to daycare to pick her up and was reminded why she's switching.

I got out of my car and could hear yelling. Something to the effect of "DON'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING. IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HELP THEN YOU CAN JUST BE QUIET!!!" I opened the door as usual and all fell silent. I couldn't tell if he was yelling at his wife or a child but either way, that's not what I want my child exposed to. He was much calmer by the time I came up the stairs and he handed me the baby while his wife talked with me about her day but the memory of his angry and loud voice still echoed in the room. It was not a pleasant situation. I was glad she and I were going.

I got home, thinking about the daycare thing and started feeding the baby. Phone rang, it was the daycare in the town I teach in and they want us to come interview tomorrow!!! I had hoped for a spot there when I was pregnant but they were full... now it looks like they can take on one more baby so I will chat with them tomorrow. Many of the other teachers send their children to this daycare so it comes HIGHLY recommended. Actually, my fabulous co-workers were going to bat for me because it's really hard to get in there. Crossing my fingers that it all goes well tomorrow and I can give notice on Friday!! Now the question is... I have to give and pay two weeks notice... do I send her those two weeks? :-/

No comments: