Monday, August 17, 2009

Countdowns...

95 days until baby....

1 week before school starts.....

and today I was reassigned to teach a different grade. I knew it was coming but I kept holding out hope that enough K kids would sign up or that my new principal wouldn't want to do staffing changes on his first day, but nope...

I spent the day sweating in my classroom trying to get things in order. A few people came by to help me move furniture which was helpful but it is the mental shift I am dealing with. Most of the day was spent in tears and sweat but I am adjusting now. I am not good when things do not go according to my plan. Ask my husband. If he tells me dinner is at 6:00 and he comes home with the idea that we will run errands and eat a late dinner, I have a hard time dealing. Imagine my issues when it comes to changing grade levels at the last minute. It will be fine, but the mental shift is draining.

I was actually ready to go to bed at 6 tonight but DH had changed the plans and invited some of our friends over for dinner. It's been all I can take to get to this point and now, I am going to enjoy a Klondkie bar and watch I Love You Man! With Paul Rudd. I hope this takes my mind off of things. It also helps that the AC is working at our house. Now I am only upset about change, no longer sweaty or tearful. Tomorrow I will be ready to be positive about this change in grade level. (Just think- they will be somewhat independent, they already know me and my routines, etc.)

No comments: